Swank covers up for movie premiere
Hilary Swank was forced to cover up at the European premiere of her latest film as the chill Irish winter took its grip on the US actress.
The Academy award winner was half way down the red carpet for the launch of PS I Love You in central Dublin when she had to stop and pull her coat on.
"It is so cold," she exclaimed, as she was quickly handed a white wool overcoat that soon shrouded her stunning but less than cosy Yves Saint Laurent evening dress.
But hundreds of Dubliners braved the Christmas cold to catch a glimpse of the Hollywood star who has already won two Oscars for Best Actress.
Irish celebrities including Boyzone's Ronan Keating, Westlife's Nicky Byrne, designer John Rocha as well as the country's leader Bertie Ahern all turned out.
Despite the crisp conditions, a warm welcome from fans - some queueing for more than an hour - seemed to have touched Swank as she stopped several times to talk and sign autographs. "I think the theme of PS I Love You is so beautiful, I think it's such a beautiful love story," she told one.
"I think it's a reminder of what's important in life. Not to take the people you love for granted because you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow."
She told reporters that she thought Ireland was beautiful and that she hoped to come back again to soon to visit when she wasn't working.
"When we filmed PS I Love You, I got to see some of the beautiful countryside and that was stunning. It was just like the films and pictures portray it," she said.
Asked if she had a chance to enjoy herself while filming in Co Wicklow, she beamed: "I enjoyed the Guinness."
*screams n kicks n squeals*
ok well not REALLY there, but i was at the next road at Grafton Street. the premiere was at Savoy, a posh cinema just on O Connell. huu huu.. WeiJiat DID pass there, msged me if i wanted to see sum actors from PS I Love You but stupid me, i din see my phone msg UNTIL he reached Grafton already. cheh! n summore so coincidentally when he passed by the Red Carpet n all, he was holding my PS I Love You book. Coincidence rite? Wanted to run in and get autograph signature summore, but Swank not there yet. Dun think Gerard Butler went though.. =( n the other guy, dunno wats his name ade. if we werent in a rush to go catch the UCD Choral Scholars Concert further west at St PATRICKS (inside joke lah, keep thinking its PAUL or PETER) Cathedral, we would have made a detour n walk back to Savoy n look rite? honestly, when i thought we were gonna be like damn late for the concert, i thought we would 'phit' the concert plan n watch PS I Love You instead. but nvm la, the concert was good stuff anyway! =D i felt like i was in the OSCARS listening to the instruments being played. n summore because of the place, inside a cathedral, it only met d feeling so much better. it was organised by the UCD Choral Scholars for the National Breast Cancer Institute so it was charity. Was eur10 for ticket but it was all worth. the choral singing, the instruments, the band, everything! it was damn good, only we - me, WeiJiat n Nikita - were abit late so the place we sat was kinda not good, so at 1st we only heard sounds n saw the beam of the cathedral. after that we changed place n everything was great. met up with christine there who went much earlier.
so yeah, regret going to concert? absolutely, NOT !
just wished i was at two places at once.



3 comments:
DAMN, we missed it :/
oh yeah...St. *PATRICK'S* CATHEDRAL :P
oooh I noe how it feels like to miss a movie premiere and meeting the starss... ahhh but wat a whole lot of coincidence on ur side, that was.... hmmm st patrick's cathedral
Post a Comment